On Jan 23, 2004, at 5:37, Linda Greyling wrote:

Jean is still a member but not as active as in the early years of the guild. Some of the English members might also remember her for her books on using colour in Lace. "Colour: Why not?" and "Colour: What now?"

I have 3 of Jean Horne's booklets on use of colour in lace (the third being: "Colour: What If?") They concentrate on -- but are not limited to -- Torchon. Even though I do not work much with Torchon (and don't design in it at all), I've found them all interesting and helpful in exploring the effects of using different palettes on the same piece. Got mine from Jacqui Southworth (in UK) sometime between '98 and '00 I (think). Don't know if they're still available (they were self published, so they might be) but they're an extremely good value -- small, but packed with good info and pleasant designs (lots of gift ideas <g>). And, considering the extensive use of colour, cheap :)

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland