I wonder if anyone has tried making reticella lace from the instructions on this web site : www.needlearts.com/html/articles/article_8/article_8.html (there is an _ between article & 8 each time). The same instructions are also on the Snowgoose site. I feel sure the NL worker would be very disappointed when it fell apart when lifted off the pad!
Look at Diagram C, and then in the "working the Pattern" section, Diagrams 2, and 4 & 5. They all show the needle going through the couching stitch only, not between the trace threads. The instructions also copy the diagrams. The couching stitch is cut and removed when the lace is separated from the pattern and pad at the end, so what holds the design together? OhDear! Oh Dear! This would put a beginner off NL for life!! - Or am I having a senior moment, and I have got it all wrong?!! (I have just checked out the site for a 2nd time, some weeks apart, just to make sure!) from Liz in a hot Melbourne, Oz, [EMAIL PROTECTED] - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
