I received a phone call from a student at Naropa Institute here in Boulder, Colorado. She is writing her thesis on the name "Katherine/Catherine," and has run across a reference to a "Kat Stitch" in lacemaking that she is interested in. She believes it is named from Katherine of Aragon (and not St. Catherine). She is looking for a picture of the stitch, but most importantly, she is looking for someone to make her a small piece of lace utilizing that stitch.
I'm not a bobbin lacer, but I'm a-thinking that it's some kind of ground stitch in Flanders???
Anyway, any information, graphics and or offers to make a small swatch of lace will be greatly appreciated! Let me know what you think. Thanks so much!
Vasna Zago Giraffiti: Vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
