On Mar 25, 2004, at 5:24, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jacquie Tinch) wrote:

But this doesn't explain why you may have the problem with one colour and not
another, and why the pale greens seem to be so vunerable.

Not only that. I have two very pale greens of the Madeira (Tanne) 50, one being slightly more yellow, the other slightlyu more blue. And only one of them "parts with a sigh", the other one doesn't (and neither of the other colours/shades)

Linda Walton wrote:

[...] I *still* have that project at the back
of my mind. (Raising its hand and bouncing up and down, wanting to be
made - do other people have to put up with that sort of thing, or do I just
have an undisciplined mind?)

You just have an undisciplined mind <g> So do I, which is why it happens to me all the time. There are always some projects that just won't quit nagging and let me rest. They're not interested in deadlines on other projects; they *will* be done, and done *now*, or else... Everything else is a "pretender" to them, so they'll cause retro-lacing by the yard, make pine-cones of all leaves, and break the threads on anything else... I've learnt to listen to such "promptings"; in the long run, it's much easier on everyone (them, me and the "pretenders")

Brenda Paternoster wrote:

I don't speak any German, but my English/German dictionary translates tanne as 'fir' as in fir-trees. The German word for cotton is baumwolle.

I don't speak any German either, and understand very little by now, but as "baumwolle" (tree-wool) figured largely (alongside of "bawelna" and "cotton") on many pieces of my clothing in childhood and teens, I'm not likely to forget it :) I also wondered in which language "Tanne" means "cotton"...

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland