> > >My apologies to those of you who wrote to let me
> know you have no
> > >interest in history or historical laces....
> >
> > >Jeri Ames in Maine USA
> > >Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

Oh please, all I *do* is historical lace!!  Usually
earlier than what gets mentioned on this list, but
still...  That's the information I love to have!

To Jeri and all other spiders who drop interesting
historical tidbits on this list, thank you so much, I
truly appreciate it.  I tend to stay quiet, but as
others have said I take in all the wonderful
information that is given here and keep it all locked
away in my little brain, ready to pull out when the
need arises.  From information gained on this list I
already have a direction of research as to where and
when and how England's lace industry started from - if
I can ever stop making lace and start searching :)
Please keep teaching us the history of the art we all
love.  Even if it isn't what we need to know right
now, it is all good to have for future information.

Chris - dedicated information sponge :D

=====
. |\_     "Eagles may soar,
(:> _)X    but weasels don't get