Hi Weronika and all

I usually tell people 'an inch an hour' for bobbin lace (of course that
depends - on the speed and skill of the lacemaker, on the width and style
of pattern) and yes it is slow compared to, for instance, knitting where
there isn't as much preparation involved (then again if one is a slow
knitter...). I think needlelace is actually slower to do than bobbin lace
- if a person with consistent skills would try both - on a per inch
comparison. Crochet lace and tatted lace go much quicker. Knitted lace
too, really. some of the airy styles of bobbin lace are faster to make
than denser ones with more bobbins - a spacious Bedfordshire design works
up quickly, a Binche motif with a bazillion bobbins and elements would
take a lot longer.

(etc. etc. - just thought I'd respond!)
-- 
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to