Hello All,

I haven't disappeared on you all, I've been busy "bobbining" as my DH calls it.

Thank you to everyone who answered my newby questions. I was bolled over by all the responses! I've copied all of the answers, and they're in my file, and I've had a good chuckle to see how our newby questions led to so much more valuable information than we were after. You people are incrredible. Thanks again! I've learned so much in such a short time.

Several lacers suggested I try a finer thread. So I got out the thread a lady from the lace guild recommended, loaded up the bobbins (using a winding technique I gleaned from a post last week), and Oh My Gosh!! It made all the difference!!! I was amazed that the size of the thread didn't make it any more difficult at all!!!! All that fear for absolutely no reason!!! With the bobbins wound in the new way, no thread "dig in!" I still have the occasional bobbin that slowly unwinds, but out of 26 bobbins, only 2 were unwinding. Big improvement!!!

I also purchased the Torchon Lace Workbook. It has become my favorite torchon book, because after doing only 3 lessons, I'm now able to do the first 6 patterns in the back of the book, and some are actually patterns I want to do.

I'm working on pattern #4, and decided to try another fine thread (DMC tatting thread.) It's turning out just fine. I can't wait until my linen thread arrives, so I can try that.

When I'm finished with pattern #4, I'm going to tackle spiders. Ha Ha! That sounds funny! I'm not very fond of spiders, I hope I never see one big enough to have to tackle! But, once I've mastered the various spiders, I can move onto patterns 7-12! There may be a lace collar in my future!

Pillow size. Again, thanks for the discussion. I bought a small 16" pillow, and already see that I need a larger size. Just 26 bobbins seem to be almost too many for this pillow! I definitely could use a pillow with a roller in it.

I do have one question. Do most of you put your bookmarks on a backing? Someone mentioned mounting them on ribbon, which sounds like an excellent idea. Any others?

Mary

_________________________________________________________________
Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee� Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963


-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to