Dear Arachne friends,

times are very busy for me, the job's very demanding, children need their
share of attention every day, so, to my grief, I'm not a frequent visitor
here.
The time still available for lace I spent with lacemaking rather than with
reading about lace..

But I miss you!
So I'll try to be back as a regular visitor, at least lurking,
an hope to become a resident of arachne town again.

This weekend, during a weekend class, I've been asked to forward
to you all:

The German Lace Guild's website has been updated, since news and
pictures from the April 2004 Guild's Congress are ready!

Enjoy browsing  www.deutscher-kloeppelverband.de    !

The weekend class I enjoyed was with Ulrike Loehr, we tried brandnew
patterns:
Art Noveau style flowers in PG lace! Wow!
The motives in silk of different colours on an in ecru background are
natural flowers, although their "spirit" is art noveau, they are clearly
recognizable.

All patterns, six or seven different, were worked for the very first time,
we don't know how they will look as real lace up to now.
(And we are the guinea pigs for bug finding and fixing ;-) )
As all of us reached the first crucial points, on sunday evening,
on every pillow a glimpse of a blossom could be seen through a forest of
pins...
Since then, I spent every night at may pillow, never stopping before
midnight..

Lacemaking is great!
And it's good to be here!

Eva, from a grey spring day in office