I found that using the Branscombe tape available in the UK (through
Hornsby's or Tim Parker)

I must male a correction to a previous comment of mine about tapes in the USA. I had seen only the plain Battenberg tapes when I wrote. Then immediately, it seemed, I was browsing on the pages for Lacemaking Circle --- and lo, there is a section on Tapes, and they have all kinds of fancy tapes -- for Branscombe and other types.

So, in the USA, take a look at Lacemaking Circle for tapes. Just information, no connection with them. It almost tempted me to get some.

Alice in Oregon -- where the clouds are coming in again for a wet weekend.