Hello jane, hello lacefriends,
This summer you could buy a book about Austria-lace. Poldi Winkler from Austria make it. She reconstructed lots of laces called Austia-lace wich dated to the beginning of 20th cent. In this book you will find also a historical part. If this is about all the Austrian laces or only the one I mentioned I van't tell you. The book comes from B. Fay.
The northern part of Italy belonged some times to the austrian kingdom so it is possible that laces made in that time there are perhaps called autrichian, just an idea.
I told on the list about Vienna and Austian laces after my visit, two years ago, to the Kongreß of Austrian Guild.
Greetings and a lot of muguets for our french members, it reminds me of the time my mother dried some and send it to me,, and a kiss for the tcheque members, and what there are other customs for the first of mai. And where are none a sunny day
Ilske