It was kind of Jane to tell everyone in Lace-Chat that she had reviewed my
Romanian Lace Book in the current copy of the Lace Guild Magazine, and her
comments are very favourable, for which I thank her.  However, I am concerned
that some innacuracies give a wrong impression of the format of the book.

Jane states that most of the content of the book is in black and white.  This
is not so. Out of about 105 photos, only 25 are black and white, all the
others are in colour.  All of the projects are in colour.  Kathleen Waller and
I were faced with an offer to publish the book providing we would accept 2
pages colour followed by 2 pages black and white.  Therefore it was an obvious
choice to print all the lace patterns with accompanying text in black and
white.  A problem came with the photos and patterns of the various stitches.
The publishers wanted all of the stitch samples in colour. However, as
Kathleen so sensibly pointed out, that would mean that the worker had to turn
the page, which can be very irritating.  So we insisted that each page in the
stitch section would feature one stitch photo, one stitch pattern and
accompanying text. As the original samplers were worked in grey and cream,
they translate well to black and white.  The other few black and white photos
are in the Traditional lace section where colour was not important.

We chose to feature as much colour as possible in the lace  and Jane has
highlighted this fact.  No offence meant for anyone, I just want to set things
right.

Angela in still rainy Worcestershire UK