Hi All,  I've shown my couronnes to DH but I needed to share
with a more knowledgeable audience <G>.  I've made two
lovely couronnes and I'm thrilled with them.  I've been using
a ring stick which will take a little more getting used to.  I'm
also going to try the technique in Catherine Barley's book
where you take four stitches in the pattern "sandwich" and
then go through the stitches around and around and then
buttonhole over the threads.  The stitches are North, East,
South and West if that makes sense.  I want some with a
smallish hole in the center but about 3/8"(1cm) so the
latter method may work better for that.  These are for a
large B'berg pattern of a Butterfly with Trillium leaves and
Fiddlehead ferns.  The pattern was shown in a 1904 
issue of McCall's magazine.  Some of the New England
Lace Group may remember that I was working on it last
May in Tiverton and it's almost done!  I have not been
working on it constantly during the last year.

Jane in Vermont, USA going to make another courrone!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to