>Who knows, I might be able to photograph and upload some
> other lace soon, as I have had a chance to play with dh's digital camera
> today.  Brilliant to be able to delete all my failures easily as I am not
> the world's greatest photographer.

I had to laugh!!  I've always wanted to be a good photographer, but have
never achieved that goal... To be honest, I've become a much better
photographer since I've had my digital camera.  And the reason is simple. 
In the "old days", a serious student of photography had to document the
"f-stop", the "aperture", the film speed, etc.,etc., for every frame they
shot, and only after the film was developed could they see the result of
their instinctive efforts.  It must have been incredibly hard to learn how
to adjust each of those factors with such a long delay between "choice" and
"result".  With digital, I can shoot, if it's not right, then delete and
reshoot.  Of course, it's still hard to get that "once in a lifetime" shot
of something illusive, but with digital I find myself snapping more and
more shots, knowing I can clear the bad ones off of the disk and keep going
later.  I just hope that the processing and storage technology can catch up
pretty quickly.  I hate to think of all the "gems" I have saved on disk
deteriorating in the next few years.  I'm told the only way around that is
to copy the disks on a routine basis (every three or four years?) before
they have a chance to degrade.  Have I done it?  nope.

Clay

Clay  

Clay Blackwell
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



> [Original Message]
> From: Karen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: arachne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 6/3/2004 7:53:29 PM
> Subject: Re: [lace] RE Arachne webshot album
>
> Dear all,
>
> thanks so much for the suggestions about uploading the files to the
webshots
> site.  There were too many to respond to idividually - but they were all
> helpful.  I'll have another go later as I have some family history stuff
to
> sort out tonight.  Who knows, I might be able to photograph and upload
some
> other lace soon, as I have had a chance to play with dh's digital camera
> today.  Brilliant to be able to delete all my failures easily as I am not
> the world's greatest photographer.
>
> Karen
>
> In Coventry,
>
> -
> To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
> unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to