At 4:12 PM -0700 6/28/04, Janice Blair wrote:
I saw some lace, mainly small pictures, for sale at the market on Havelska on Sunday but on Monday the vendors had changed. They had some Rumanian lace marked as "macrame"!

Janice, I've been told by a woman here who teaches Romanian Point Lace that, in Europe, the name for this type of needle lace based on a crochet cord *is* macrame. I know I've mentioned her Web site before, but here it is again for anyone wishing to find more patterns for Romanian Point Lace:

http://members.tripod.com/victorianart/

No affiliation, I just think she has some beautiful lace.

--
Mary, in Baltimore, MD