Hello Spiders The informal inquieries gives a lot to catch up with after a 3 weeks holiday. Here my late contribution to projects/object/work in progress (PIP/OIP/WIP) and unfinished objects (UFO's)
Recently a friend gave me I her late mothers bobbins. She also told me she started knitting again. Then I rememberd 4 unfinished knit pullovers started between 1981-1990... That seems about to equal the price winner but is not lace and I handed them over so they are no longer my projects. In 2000 I asked for 1 meter display on a fair, but a few weeks before I found out they gave me 4! So I decided to pull out all my pillows and mount some finished projects and start some new ones. Among others the mandarin duck of Takano/Luxton for my honiton pillow. To my surprise no rost yet, but the thread doesn't seem to be white any more. I also started a not too complex Flanders edge to work on, not to be finished ever: I save it for other demonstration occasions. Two other Flanders pieces are finished but for the needle weaving. That makes 4 UFO's. Also 3 small Rosaline corners are waiting to be mounted on a handkerchief since about 1997, perhaps I'll use one for the luggage label for the Lacemakers' Census (http://www.laceguild.demon.co.uk). About February I started the Milanese palm tree of Read/Kincaid as it fits more or less on my travel pillow (a cookie of 12 1/2" or 32 cm) an requires not too many bobbins. For years I was dreaming to make a mask to display at my hair dresser (http://www.jmhaarmode.nl images on top) who collects masks. Then I found Tamara's Durga Ma (http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd/00-03/00-03-Pages/Image6.html) and fell in love with it. After finishing the leaves of the palm tree I had to move it to get the bottom part inthe center ofthe tiny pillow, I decided that was a good occasion to interrupt and start the mask. My recent holliday (hiking around the Mont Blanc every other day, so plenty of time the other days) I used to make some exercises to try the new braids. But until now I don't understand how Tamara worked the Chrysantheum in the paislys and the onion. Her instructions look simple but I get a much less attractive result. So I'm stuck untill she's back or somebody else could be of help. Jo Falkink - To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
