Nah - you can keep the straw one - don't think Customs will let me
import it :-) (and yes, Liz, in Melbourne is my Mum, in case you're
wondering).

Seriously,  I remember using my straw one to learn on, and the only
thing I remember not liking about it, was the 'knots" in the straw.  I'd
occasionally hit one when pushing in a pin. I don't think we had too
much of a problem with the little buggies surfacing through the covering
cloths.  I much prefer the etherfoam to straw - but that's just personal
preference.

There is a big difference between them in terms of weight.  The
etherfoam is a very light pillow - perfect if it's going to be lugged
around a lot.  My straw and horsehair ones were/are much heavier, as
they have a wood base.  I have an etherfoam multiblock with the roller,
and it's fairly light, even though it has a piece of masonite or thin
MDF glued to its bottom.

But my horsehair is my all time favourite.

Cheers,
Helen, in sunny Denver, where I'm hoping my son will get in his baseball
playoff game that was washed out yesterday. 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to