Dear David,
That is a beautiful pattern!  How long will a square take you?

Love, Ruth (Sydney, Australia)

David Collyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Dear Friends,
In this past week I have started a quite large piece of Chantilly because I
definitely needed something to relive the stress and tension of conducting
a big concert last Sunday.

For those of you who have Ulrike Loehr's book called "Schwatzarbeit", it's
the one on p.73. I've scanned the pricking making 4 sides with only the one
repeat, plus the four corners of course. Then I reduced the lot by about
20% in order to be able to use my favourite Pipers silk 2/20. I decided to
do this one in white, and have finally found a fabulous thread for the gimp
which is just right. Unfortunately I can't tell you what it is because I
bought a "lifetime supply" in the form of a skene from a warehouse which
was closing down. It's probably 1950s in origin and is a plied rayon (I
reckon).

The piece has about 120 pairs and is coming out about 4" (10cm) wide. I've
now started removing pins from the beginning and can see nearly 2" of the
work. It's a stunner!! As I work I'm designing in my mind a suitable square
of lace to fill the centre for an all over effect.
Love
David in Ballarat

http://au.movies.yahoo.com