Carol wrote:
>The mothe rof one of my child students took a mat the child had made to
be laminated, and it wasn't too successful!   There were bubbles all over
the place, and it didn't do the mat justice at all.  I wonder if that was
due to the size of the mat - maybe a bookmark, being a lot smaller,
wouldn't have that problem.

Sorry, Carol, misunderstood the item you were talking about, thought you
were talking about a paper mat! Yes, you can get bubbles when you laminate
lace, and the thicker the thread, the more likely you'll get them. Also,
you have to leave a wide margin on all sides when you cut the excess
laminating off, otherwise it will separate and peel off fairly quickly if
the item is used often, like a bookmark.

helene, the froggy from Melbourne

http://au.movies.yahoo.com