I took Milca Eremiasova's workshop and she has switched from a Czech stiffener to a Dutch one called 'Feutrex'. It is brushed on the lace while it is still pinned to the pillow and dries in about 30 minutes. I don't know anything else about it. Maybe one of the Dutch Arachneans can help out?

Margot Walker in Halifax on the east coast of Canada, where 40 tall ships are arriving in the harbour today. It's a beautiful sight.