On 17 Aug 2004 Leonard Bazar wrote:
Some of us have mentioned the UK Lace Guild's/Pat Rowley's "Art Trade or Mystery - Lace and Lacemaking in Northamptonshire" ... For those not familiar with it and interested in East Midlands lace, it could be worth considering, as it's got a lot more than that in it, and covers some things which do seem to strike a chord with Arachnes. I know the Lace Guild does take plastic payment, but of course postage etc could make it uneconomic; without that, it is I think good value.

For anyone interested in getting this book I think it's carried by some US suppliers (e.g Lacey Susan, Holly van Sciver). Alternatively if you want to order it direct, you'll find the price including overseas postage (in GB pounds) on the Lace Guild web site http://www.laceguild.org - go to the printable form under Sales (top right).

I'm just back from a couple of weeks in the US - a week at the IOLI Convention and then a week in Maine - both thoroughly enjoyable. More later when I've caught up on sleep lost flying east!

Jean in damp Glasgow