Obviously, the subject  is very much on my mind... :)

On Aug 19, 2004, at 15:15, Helen Bell wrote:

This year we had a new class added to our section, which I think the
Fair people added.  It was listed as "Lace Christmas Ornament (not
knitting or crochet), and my co-Judge and I respectfully suggested that
perhaps it be reworded for next year to "Lace Holiday ornament" so that
people can enter ornaments relating to other holidays such as Easter,
Halloween, etc, and not just Christmas.

The VA Fair has a separate Section for Holiday Ornaments - not part of the 2 lace Sections. I suppose that would be another possibility of by-passing the "one item per class" rule, especially since there are several classes there which would be suitable for lace. Another avenue to explore would be the two senior Sections - one for "over 55s" and one for "over 80s" (if any of us live that long <g>). We (the judges) get called to other Sections as well, *if the items entered there are marked as lace*.

We found the hardest class to judge this year was the novice class, as
it was 3 entries - a piece each of Honiton, tatting and carrickmacross.

Precisely... :) That's why we have a separate *Section* for beginners, and it duplicates all the non-beginner Classes, except the educational (non-competitive) one.

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd
              Healthy US through The No-CARB Diet:
    no C-heney, no A-shcroft, no R-umsfeld, no B-ush.