My point of view is in agreement with most of the
people who have posted.  I feel that it's best to use
the true pronunciation of the name of a lace, and make
my best attempt to do so.

I certainly know how it feels to have my name
mispronounced as it has been most of my life.  While I
naturally use the American pronunciation of "Sylvie,"
people still instist on calling me "Sylvia," which is
not my name.  Of course, my last name is utterly
impossible for most to pronounce.

Sylvie
Cherry Valley, IL,  USA