Hi everyone, and to all who responded to my question about working Idrija
lace - thank you so much. My next question is for those who do use a
bolster for making these laces (particularly the patterns in the
Cook/Tratnik book as those are the only ones I'm familiar with) - what
size bolster? Mine is 20 inches around (circumference) by about 11 inches
long - I suspect it should be bigger to give a broader work surface (the
topmost part). I could wrap something around this one to make it bigger,
or I could make a whole'nother bolster. My midlands bolster, in use, is 37
inches around, and about 14 inches long, maybe too bulky for Idrija
(perfect for Bucks point however...).
bye for now
Bev in Sooke BC (west coast of Canada, where we had some thunder, rain,
sunshine, wind, cloud, fog...but no snow (and that's good))
www.woodhavenbobbins.com