> In other words, it is NOT a book on bobbin lace; it's all on
> needle-made lace, though they do mention making it with bobbin-produced
> (instead of store-bought) tapes... I have the book too, bought - years
> ago and sight unseen - on the (wrong) assumption that it might be
> something on Russian or maybe Brugge. It's the confusion of using
> "tape" and "braid" terms differently...

Yep.  I try to do a Google search on all the books to figure out what they
actually are - a lot of eBay sellers give you pretty much no info, and Amazon
has the same problem with some rare books.

> Weronika, if it's cheap, get it, to enjoy looking at pictures. If
> you're thinking of using it as a pattern book, forget it; I don't think
> you make needle lace any more than you make knitted lace :)

It's not very cheap, and even if it was, there are plenty of equally cheap
bobbin lace books around.  And no, I don't make needle lace, or anything
whatsoever other than bobbin lace <g>.

Weronika

--
            Weronika Patena