I just had to share my wonderful garage sale find with
all of you!  Got off work early today, thanks to two
evening meetings this week, and went to a sale that
was listed in the paper as a �crafters delight�.  I
expected to find yarn and polyester fabric, but you
never know.  Turned out the sale was at the house of a
woman I know and she does spinning and weaving.  Her
elderly mother passed away last year (I had met her
several times) and Pam asked me if I was interested in
any bobbins.  I knew the mother had done some bobbin
lace because we talked about it.  Anyway, Pam went in
the house and came out with a roller pillow with 8
pairs of plain continental bobbins on it and a piece
of Torchon in progress.  She offered to sell me the
pillow for $35 and I had my money out of my purse
before the words were out of her mouth!  It�s lovely
green velvet with a nice wide apron and a very firm
wool roller, all mounted on a wooden base.  It has a
very nice weight to it; not too heavy and not to
light.  Pam said that her dad had made it for her mom.
 THEN, she pulls from behind her back a travel pillow
that folds up into a tote-bag style like the ones
Kathy Kirchner makes.  She just gives that one to me
because she thinks it�s beat up and is dirty.

I�m in heaven.  I had a tear in my eye and hugged Pam
profusely for sharing her mother�s things with me. 
I�ve already got a bookmark pattern on it that I�m
making for Pam.  She is still going through her
mother�s things and if she finds anything else, she
says she�ll call me.

What a great day!

On another note, I got my photo CD last week from the
IOLI Convention.  I don�t know how many photos are on
it, but it�s got to be in the thousands.  I have spent
hours looking at it.  It�s a wonderful way to see what
every class was doing.  Lots of photos of the social
events and the exhibit also.  A wonderful value for
only $10, especially since I kept forgetting to bring
my camera to things!


=====
Diane Williams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Galena Illinois USA

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to