Tamara wrote:
> Out of sheer cussedness, I checked the currency converter on the day of
delivery (Oct 19) and it would have cost me U$ 31.30, had she not been
honest. I checked again today, and the same GBP 17.99 "translates" to U$
33.32. That means, that the buying power of the (once almighty) dollar has
shrunk to 80/% in half a year (or less).

I sympathize with you all, don't get me wrong, but think of us poor
Australians (and New Zealanders too) who changed the currency from pounds
to dollars in the late sixties.
At first, our dollar was worth half a pound, since that's how they worked
it out. It was also worth half an Engllish pound at the time, and one
American dollar.
Thirty odd years later, our dollar is worth about 35 English pence, and
about 65-68 American cents. How's that for inflation?

Helene, the poor froggy from Melbourne

http://au.movies.yahoo.com