Yes, Jean, we have the 26 & 28 gauge in our hobby shops too.  But it is too
heavy for wire lace.  Great for other things however.
Lorri
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Jean Nathan<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  To: Lace<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 8:49 AM
  Subject: [lace] Wire for lace

  Lorri wrote:

  <This is not an item found
  at your typical craft or hardware store -you must 'think outside the box'.>

  This is where I must mention that dreaded H word again - Hobbycraft in the
  UK. They sell 28 gauge coloured enamelled copper wire in copper, purple,
  red, green, blue and black intended for making wire coil beads for
  jewellery. I'm surprised that a UK craft shop stocks something that isn't
  readily available in US crafts shops because you're usually able to get all
  sorts of things that we can't.

  http://www.wires.co.uk<http://www.wires.co.uk/> sell a whole range of
different wires - coloured
  enamelled copper, woven cloth mesh, knitted - as well as a spiral beadmaker
  and wire craft books, including 'Copper wire lace', and will supply by
  internet order via credit card anywhere in the world - see their Info page.

  Wires.co.uk quote thicknesses in mm, where Hobbycraft quote the gauge of
the
  wire. Somewhere on the web, there's bound to be a conversion chart.

  Jean in Poole

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. For help,
write to