On Nov 18, 2004, at 5:09, David Collyer wrote:

The threads certainly are available today.

Silk and cotton are, but not linen, which is the most superiour thread for lacemaking, when looked at from many angles. It's almost as strong as silk (micron for micron), but not as slippery (ie easier to finish and/or add/remove threads), but it "meshes", in motifs, even better than cotton, providing a lovely coverage.

I'm fairly sure 180 cotton is still around.

180 has become a bit scarce, but 185 has popped up in its place, so all's fine :)

Threads from Pipers can be ordered direct from the website or from a particular dealer in Geelong. They only take about 5 days from the UK though.

When was the last time you'd ordered? <g> I ordered a batch on Sunday/Monday and was told that the delivery date *within UK* is 21 days; God and our president only know when it'll arrive in US...

---
Tamara P Duvall             http://lorien.emufarm.org/~tpd