Hi All,

I would agree with the methods for the making of the dough, but when that
has been done, the dough is rolled out flat, caraway seeds are sprinkled
over the dough, and then the dough is rolled into a large Swiss-roll
fashion, cylinder-shape, and the biscuits are cut from the 'Swiss roll' -
that then gives them the characteristic *wheel* look, commemorating the
wheel on which St Catherine was martyred - so they are *not* named after
Catherine of Aragon!   I love caraway seeds, and don't just make Cattern
Cakes for St Catherine's day - I'd eat them any time!

Carol - in Suffolk UK.