In a message dated 11/19/04 8:07:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Again, depending on where you live, someone should be able to tell you
> where
> you can get Rosemary's book, or some other substitute.

Dear Newbies,

This is key to helping you.  We cannot tell from some e-mail addresses where
a person is writing from.  If we knew, we might be able to connect Newbies
with lace groups near you, and that is a very nice way to begin lacemaking.
There are lacemakers in many places, but they are difficult to find on your
own.
They will know what supplies are available locally, and some groups even have
pillows to loan to Newbies for a small deposit (which will be returned to you
when you return the borrowed supplies).  In this way, you would be able to try
out lacemaking without a substantial investment up front - by which I mean,
before you know if you like making lace.

Perhaps I am naive, but I do not think someone is going to appear on your
front doorstep based on an e-mail address in a country or even locality.  I
have
not had anyone do so, and I always put my state's name and nation next to my
signature.  I do use a nickname, which does not appear in legal/official
records.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace & Embroidery Resource Center