I agree with this.  I found the white especially fragile and the ecru
especially beautiful....
But as you said, Aurelia, a light hand, and a TLC  and it works up
beautifully.  Definitely not for beginners.

If it is too fragile, from age, I seal in a plastic bag  aand in feezer for
about two weeks,  Let thaw sealed ..this seems to restore some of the moisture
to the thread......I do this with all  old thread.
 Barb
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aurelia Loveman
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 6:52 PM
  Subject: [lace] 140/2 linen thread


  Dear All -- Not that I want to rain on anyone's parade, but 140/2
  linen is not an unalloyed delight, either. During the eighties, I was
  in an extensive correspondence with the Belgian manufacturers of the
  linen thread, and they were having a hard time with the 140/2 because
  the fibers were not really long enough for satisfactory use. They
  said they kept getting complaints that the thread just disintegrated
  in lacemakers' hands (however, they did send me some!). Eventually
  they stopped producing it.  My own experience has been that with a
  light hand, a very light tension and constant carefulness, 140/2 can
  be worked with. Aurelia

  -
  To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
  unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to