I never expected yesterday morning that I would be going to an
auction, that changed when I read one of our free papers that
we get each week.


Although I have lived here in Newbury for 32 years I have never been to
an auction at Dreweatt Neate Donnington Sale rooms.  It is in a
 large Georgian House with large garden on the outskirts 
of where I live.  Although I was told over
the phone that the Battle of Britain panel come up for auction at
around 12 noon, it was nearly an hour later when the panel came
up for auction.  By that time there were few in the room, although
there were many people wandering around rooms full of antiques
waiting for the items to come up later in the afternoon.  I had
sat and had a coffee with an antique dealer, who was complaining
that there were few textiles up for auction if she had known she
would have stayed at home.  In all I counted three women who
were bidding for the textiles, 

I could not believe it when the panel
come up for auction there were just 8 people left in the room.
We were asked to start bidding at 5,000 pounds, you could hear
a pin drop.  Not a sound, suddenly the auctioneer says
 NOT SOLD. 

 Now I did try to find out who was selling the panel.  The panel is 
enormous, who would have the room to hang the panel, only a museum,
even some museums would not be able to hang the panel.

If you go to the Dreweatt Neat web site, it says exactly what
was printed in their catalogue.

Oh yes one antique dealer I spoke to said she had bought a large
collection of bobbins of a gentleman who wife had just died
that she was a well know lace maker and wrote books.  That she
had told him to go to a large auction house and sell them as she
knew nothing about lace bobbins.

Jean in Newbury

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to