The very large and heavy parcel I sent to Australia by airmail took
13 days, this time of the year  mail always takes longer than anything
other time of the year.  My parcel was not opened, I took a chance
and Christmas wrapped the presents, where another parcel that
was sent to my daughter was no Christmas wrapped in case it
was opened I sent a parcel a couple of months ago
that took five days.  My daughter had a lot of stuff shipped to
Australia, they had planned to arrive a few days after the arrival
of the shipment, they waited, and waited, in the end the went
to the house they were renting and slept on the floor as they
could not afford two lots of rent.  Their goods were kept at the
docks for over four weeks, then they get a bill for 500 dollars
for the cleaning of four new bikes.  Once they paid the money
theirs goods were delivered to their house.  What was nice,
my daughters new neighbours got together and lent them
bends and other essentials until their goods arrived.  When you
have an daughter just over one two sons 4 1/2 and 14 1/2
I can't imagine life was that easy.  My daughter is having a
party this week for her birthday but for all the people who helped
her when she arrived in Australia.

Don't forget too,  Australia can be up to 11 hours ahead of us,
 we are 8 hours ahead of Vancouver.  When I worked
at the PO I could find out the best days to post my overseas mail,
sounds crazy, there are some days better than others depending
on what flights are available.  I do know that in the UK the PO
now have their own planes for some routes.  I am now writing
my overseas cards to be mailed tomorrow.

Jean in Newbury UK