That's great news regarding books, as I have Torchon for Today and A Manual
of Bedfordshire Lace (both OOP) that I just (like an hour ago) won on eBay,
coming in the next week or two. Perhaps I'll tackle Torchon for Today before
I attempt Beds.

I have been at it for a couple of years on and off, yes, and that's one of
my problems - I have gone too long between times practicing, and need to
start over each time. Maybe Torchon for Today will give me a better skill
set.

Introducing Traditional Bedfordshire Lace in 20 Lessons is still in print,
so I can get that from Holly VanSciver, I believe. I'll probably buy that
one since you've recommended it. I do want to go on to Milanese and Bruges
and Duchesse (I have one book on each type) eventually, and I hope Beds will
be a good beginning step on the way there.

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, Tamara :)

Gina

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Tamara P. Duvall

Pam Robinson's " A Manual of Bedfordshire Lace" (1985) is the one I
used when having my own stab at Beds

And, Barbara
Underwood (head-to-head, with Christine Springett, "guru" on Beds) has
a book "Introducing Traditional Bedfordshire Lace in 20 Lessons"
(1993).

But, the skills I got from
Fisher's "Torchon For Today" were more than enough to carry me through
the beginnings of Beds, and Russian, and Milanese.
---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.786 / Virus Database: 532 - Release Date: 10/29/2004

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to