Gentle Spiders,
Just to throw my 2 cents/pence/whatever in... I've demonstrated bobbin lace 
making at Renaissance Faires in the past, and have had bookmark sized examples 
made and on display while I sat there in costume working on a project.  Since 
my "booth" (space) happened to be in the merchant area (artisans were sprinkled 
over the fair grounds), people would ask if I had anything for sale.  I'd tell 
them no, but still we'd discuss price.  Most of the time, they'd agree that 10 
USD was a fair price for labor, until I'd point out that the bookmark they'd 
been admiring and wanting to buy would then cost 80 USD.  Yes, we do it for 
love, art for art's sake, but certainly not to make a living wage.  And yes, 
sometimes people would go away in a snit because I was being "unreasonable" at 
asking too high a price for my lace.  I like to eat, and be warm and dry in the 
winter too!

Beth McCasland
Metairie, Louisiana, USA
where it's cool, breezy, and only 34% humidity!

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to