Diane Williams asked:

This sounds really nice!  I took a 's Gravenmoerse
class at the IOLI convention last summer and really
enjoy it - a lot more than Torchon and a nice break
from my usual point ground.  What pattern did you use?

Sorry for the delay in replying. Although I don't usually have difficulties finding Brenda's "Threads for Lace" book which seems to be well-behaved and stay obediently on the shelf, I do have problems with the 's Gravenmoer books. They wander at will and it has taken me several days to track this one down! However I have now succeeded. The pattern I used was from page 41 of the booklet called simply "'s Gravenmoer Lace" put out by LOKK ( I think). I curved the pattern so that it would sit comfortably round my wrist and worked it in Piper's silk.

I was not sure whether it would be comfortable to wear if I stiffened it , so I used Ulrike Loehr's stiffening technique - hair spray! She sprays it on to a piece of card and then applies small amounts of it to the lace with a fine paintbrush. It seemed to work well and can be washed out. The hair spray is slowly wearing off and I may decide to re-stiffen the lace with a more permanent method, in which case I will use either diluted PVA glue or Moravia's starch

Sue