But it isn't true that "silk or cotton lace isn't" seen! Depends on the beauty of the lace, and how it is presented. The gold collar that I mentioned recently (made by Brigita Fuhrman, that modest, vanished, but inspired artist) is frequently the first thing people mention when they see me wearing it; and nobody could ever -- ever call it a TRIM! (Nor, by the way, will it ever be washed! It couldn't be washed. When its life is over, it will be over; but I expect it will last a hundred years). I have silk Point Ground bands set into the sleeves of a handmade silk blouse. I don't know who is "trimming" whom in this item. The lace bands are embellished quietly by single rows of feather-stitching done in the same thread as the lace. The effect is absolutely thrilling.

Aurelia

wire lace is "seen" and silk or cotton lace isn't. Pictures, 3-D items,