Dear Traveling Spiders,

I'm sure everyone else knows this...but just in case....

If you book through the internet be sure to check ALL the online travel
reservation sites, using various dates and various airports, if you can.

Why?  Well....(deep breath)

Each airline gives X number of cheap fares to Travelocity, Y number to
Orbitz, Z number to Expedia, etc. and THEN keep a larger number for
their own website.  Not all of them have the fares for the same price,
either.  Carrier A might have a better arrangement with Travelocity than
with Orbitz, but Orbitz gets better rates from Airline B.  I had thought
they all came from one central database, but not so.  Therefore, you
might not find a cheap fare on Travelocity, but it will be available on
Orbitz, etc.

Differences in days you are traveling can make huge differences in
price, as Tamara found out.  Historically, the cheapest are Tues, Wed
and Thur.

Sometimes in order to promote travel to one airport instead of the
"main" airport, the fares will be cut drastically.  Where I am, I'm
equi-distant from Boston, Manchester and Providence.  Providence used to
be the best fare on most airlines, but recently Boston has been the best
fare for virtually every flight I look at....go figure.

Also, the cheapest carriers (Southwest and JetBlue) aren't even listed
on Travelocity, Orbitz and the like, so you have to go directly to their
website.

If you find a great price, BUY IT NOW.  There aren't lots of them and
they won't wait until you can talk to you mother this weekend.  I've
seen a fare announced at 10am and be sold out by 10:15am.  (Well, flying
to Paris for $99 IS a GREAT deal!)

Yes, you have to work a bit for that low fare.  If you can't be
bothered, there are some lovely Travel Agents who would be very glad to
help you.

I'm not sure what this has to do with lace, so I'll answer any questions
I can off-list.  I don't have a degree in  online reservations, but I
have 10 year's experience.

Lace in Peace,
Laurie