Anyway I wanted to say thanks again to those who told me about the lacemaker's fair. What an incredible, overwhelming event! It was quite an experience to actually be able to examine all sorts of supplies in person, see the real thread colors instead of trying to guess how accurate they are on my monitor, and look between the covers of books before buying them. I ended up doing some serious shopping! It was also fun to meet Jacquie, Eve, Beth, Helene and Jean and have lunch together.
As for the currency exchange, I ended up taking both USD traveler's checks and an ATM card. It turned out to be helpful to have both, since it took several tries to find a cash machine that would take our card. In the meantime, we were able to cash our traveler's checks at our hotel.
We stayed down the street from the Victoria and Albert so I was able to make 2 trips there. Enjoyed not only the lace but the entire museum.
We thoroughly enjoyed London and hope to return for a longer stay.
Eileen in the San Francisco bay area
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
