I have never entered a group piece to the competition, but I think that the other class rules don't apply to the group entries. The group entries are judged as a separate class from the other classes which have specific dimension or other requirements. we would need to enter class 23 "group entry from three or more adult lacemakers (or mix of adult & children).

I like your idea of the hat with the design giong all the way round it .
Sue

Sue sent me a copy of the competition rules as I don't subscribe to Lace.
Even if English was my mother tongue, I might not be sure how to interpret
everything. One option states "As you like it - a piece in 2 or 3 dimensions
(but please make it easy to stage)". It looks like it gives us total freedom
of size. The idea of a hat appeals to me, seven ribbons in seven colors,
seven sections... And a design only seems to be an option too.

- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]