Hi All, 

I know we've gone over the pin question in the past, so please forgive
me for raising this again.

One of our Guild's members, who is serving abroad (Germany), has emailed
me asking about pins.  I've pasted the relevant parts of her email here,
so that you can read her question.

If anyone can offer some advice, can you please perhaps email me off
list, so that Lace isn't clogged up with old info?  I have suggested
Honiton pins or insect/butterfly pins, but don't know much more.

Thanks in advance, and on her behalf.

Cheers,
Helen, Aussie in Denver

"A friend has asked me to look for 100% stainless steel pins while I'm
"over here" as she can't find them in the US anymore.  

Pin packages here aren't very definitive. 

I personally like using T pins for my lace but have had problems in the
past. Even though I didn't see rust on them, some of my laces showed
rusty looking spots right in the pinned areas months and years after the
pinning. 

Very recently a knowledgeable lace friend suggested what I should do is
find a wig supply shop and try to get stainless steel "launderable" wig
pins. Her thought was that inadvertently what had happened with my pins
was that starch had gotten on them and then that later transferred
itself to the newer laces and then later yet turned into the discolored
spots. She said anytime I used the pins with starch, I should give the
pins a good "bath" after the fact.

So I went on line and after looking at two sites I found the following: 
Wig pins in packs of 25 for 2.99. No word on them being launderable. 
T-pins sold by the pound or half pound, "nickel plated." Again, no word
on launderable. 

What do you suggest getting, and where can they be gotten from? hOw does
stainless steel compare to nickel plated?"

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to