I bought this book at last years NEC Fair. It is still available, I am sure. I am not too sure but I think I paid �10 for it. The designs are very attractive and like most of Barry's designs bits can be taken out and used in different ways. Again as the title suggests the designs can be used for all sorts of crafts not just lace.
Jean in Cleveland U.K.
On 2 Mar 2005, at 19:24, Jean Nathan wrote:
A book by Barry Biggins is being offered on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&rd=1&item=8174587180&ssPageN
ame=STRK:MEWA:IT
or search for item number 8174587180
described as:
"Book of Designs for Lace and Parchment by Barry Biggins An Alphabet with Borders and Things for bobbin lace
This is the second book of patterns designed by Barry Biggins, suitable for
Bobbin and Needle Lace, Embroidery, Quilting and Parchment. This book
contains about 200 new designs with the "prickings", along with borders, an
alphabet and numbers. The book is coveniently laid out in landscape format
with a metal comb bound spine which allows for easy access for copying or
photocopying. "
The photograph is a pattern for a unicorn and the publication year is given
as 2004.
Did a google, searched Chrysalis books, Amazon, Roseground Supplies, SMP
Lace, etc but couldn't find anything other than "New Patterns in Honiton
Lace" by Caroline and Barry Biggins, which this isn't.
Anyone got any information on this.
Jean in Poole
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
- To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line: unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
