[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Here are some interesting lace bobbins for sale.  They
> look like they have lead weight inside.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=945&item=6159496881&;
> rd=1

An idea of size or scale would be useful to tell if these are lace or weaving
- I suspect the latter for the sort of hanging warp weaving we have discussed
in the past regarding other very early possible "lace" bobbins.  I have sent
a question to the seller asking for more information about this, soooo as they
say "Watch this space".

Jacquie