Dear Lacemaker Jenny,

Hey Girl!  Lookin' Good!!

Not to worry...Those beginning strips will curl.  You're learning tensioning,
placing the edge pins at the right angles, and manipulating the bobbins.  Also,
remember, you do not have any pins to support the threads in the middle of the
strip, so the threads have to give each other support.  I also agree with Lee
Daly, the half stitch (a pain in the butt for support - I hate half stitch)
probably lends itself to encourage curling.

Leave your lace on the pillow for awhile - that helps. You will never be fully
recovered from the lace bug.  It is a chronic illness for which there is no
recovery, no vaccination, no prescription except "more threeads, more bobbins,
more pillows, more books..."

Happy Lacemaking,
Betty Ann Rice in Roanoke, Virginia USA