*The curator informs me that she has told the museum that lace
*enthusiasts
*are a smaller, but very devoted group. I hope that those who
*attend and who
*enjoy the exhibit, over 50 items in several rooms, express
*enthusiasm to the
*upper management of the museum as it will bolster the position
*of the textile
*curator and her decision to hold this exhibit.

Not to be crass and speak of crude money and ethereal lace in the same
breath, but I've always found that a donation, of virtually any size, speaks
volumes to curators who are always concerned about making ends meet, buying
new acid free paper, documenting and photographing collections, archival
storage, etc.

I'm coming...yes, I booked a flight...it's horribly impractical and really
too expensive, and I really should be doing other things, but I can't bear
stay away.  I feel very wicked.  I've never flown anywhere for one day.  How
very Hollywood I feel!

Of course, I can't get in early as I didn't pre-register, but never
mind...it will be a blast.

Do we know if photos without flash are allowed?  How about tripods?

Lace in Peace,
Laurie