HI,

I do use the double head, but revert to hitching on the neck for bobbins
which are misbehaving!

Where the same type of bobbins are misbehaving, I wonder if there is also a
factor relating to how the thread is wound onto the bobbin.  Uneven winding
may cause a problem which we would not necessarily spot - in the same sort
of way an unevenly wound sewing machine bobbin can cause problems (the sort
which go in the bottam of the machine).  Also, could it be something to do
with the relationship between where the thread comes from on the neck to the
hitch?  Another thought, is the amount of thread on the bobbin.  I find I
have problems where there is very little thread on the bobbin.  I  think
this is because there is not enough thread on the neck to hold still against
the weight and movement factors involved.

Certainly some bobbins seem to have more problems than others.  Even with
the same type of bobbin, one may have subtle differences:  different wood,
different grain, smoothness etc.I like ebony bobbins, but they often release
thread as they are so smooth, but I pick up on that because the bobbins
stand out on the pillow.  Unless you are observant, you can miss the fact
that some bobbins release thread more easily than others.

Karen
In Coventry, England

--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.1 - Release Date: 01/04/2005



-- 
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.1 - Release Date: 01/04/2005

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to