Helen and the Spiders,

I am *so* grateful - if I try everything that has been suggested, I am sure
we'll win through in the end!

But - I am still of the opinion that it is the winding of the bobbins that
is at fault!   I don't like my students to use a bobbin-winder until they
can wind their bobbins neatly and properly by hand - once they know the
basics, they can then "adopt, adapt, improve" to pinch a phrase. But the
bobbins of the lady in question - quite apart from the threads being of
different lengths - are not always wound awfully neatly!   When I wind the
bobbins for her, they are better behaved but, as soon as she has done some
reverse lace, and rewound the bobbins, the problem comes back.   Maybe I
ought to let her use the 'class bobbin winder' and see if it does in fact
make a difference.  I don't think it is the left-handed versus right-handed
scenario - but anything is possible, I suppose!

The bobbins she mainly uses are the unvarnished ones made by Richard Ives -
she bought a whole load of them, when she first started at the classes, but
over the years she has also bought quite a few of his 'special' ones, as
well as those of other makers, but seems to have the same trouble with each
bobbin she uses.  I therefore don't think it is anything to do with the
bobbins per se, as we all use Richard's bobbins to some extent or another,
but it must be the way they are used.  We will carry on regardless until we
find the answer - thank you all for your help!

Carol - in Suffolk, UK, where a friend and I have just spent the afternoon
lacing and gossiping.  Isn't retirement grand!

Subject: Re: [lace] square bobbin report - hitches

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to