From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [lace] American Federation of Lace

I have to say that many of the initials being proposed for a new name run
the risk of sounding a great deal like the AFL. In the US the AFL is the
American Federation of Labor where Jimmy Hoffa would feel very comfortable
indeed,
if he were not buried under the New Jersey Meadowlands Arena.

Consequently I think the American Federation of Lace should be avoided lest
we be mistaken for unionized lace workers. I kind of like the Lace Union or
even  Lace United. I always thought Manchester United was a very strong name
implying  a singularity of purpose. Maybe the Lace Alliance?

http://au.movies.yahoo.com