I took my knitting on board with me to England last December and back again
to Boston.  No problems, they were Addi turbo's so were metal, but not long.

*-----Original Message-----
*From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*Behalf Of
*Janice Blair
*Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:38 PM
*To: lace-digest
*Subject: [lace] travel restrictions
*
*Not strictly lace but you might like to know if you are
*travelling to convention in Denver this year, check with your
*airline regarding baggage allowance.  AA have reduced their 70
*lb allowance to 50lbs on tickets issued after March 1, 2005.
*Overseas is still 70lbs.  I assume other airlines might have
*done the same thing.  I also checked with the US Government
*Security web site to see if knitting needles are still allowed
*on internal flights and they are.  Here is the web page for
*items allowed or not.
*
*http://www.tsa.gov/interweb/assetlibrary/Prohibited_English_4-1
*-2005_v2.pdf
*
*I still have to find out what weight I can take on my flight
*to France next month as we are connecting from Heathrow to
*Gatwick for our flight on British Airways To Toulouse.  BA
*seem to allow only 51lbs on flights other than to the US and
*further destinations (whichs is still 70 lbs).  Maybe I have
*to unpack some stuff and leave it in England. :-)  Knitting
*needles were not on the restricted list on the BA site so I
*presume I can take my knitting on board again.  If you know
*different please let me know.
*Janice
*
*
*Janice Blair
*Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
*
*-
*To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
*unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*