...the shop around the corner is 't Apostelientje and it is run by two
sisters who are so nice and so helpful.  I don't know how long you are
going for Claire but if possible try and get to these two.  The
Kantcentrum also has a lace museum attached and sometimes there are also
classes taking place where they may allow you to walk around and see what
the students are doing.

Orchidee, which was mentioned closed a couple of years ago and stock was
merged into 't Handwerkenhouise - it is certainly worth going in there.
All around the walls they have masses of work completed - mostly by the
lady who runs the shop....what a wonderful job !!  :o)

There is also Charlakens - I'm sorry I know I have spelt that incorrectly
but I can't find my piece of paper with it on right now.  They sell books,
bobbins, pillows and material to mount lace on.  Always worth having a
look it is just I prefer to buy from 't Apostelientje or Kantcentum but
that is probably because they are just around the corner from the English
Convent where we go in October for our week with Ann-Marie and Marie-Ann
and we like to support them.

....and of course, when you run out of lace items to buy.....there are one
or two chocolate shops.... or more like, one chocolate shop to every lace
shop!!

Have a great time and look forward to hearing all about it when you get
back.

Best wishes
Jill
----- Forwarded by Jill P Harward/PharmRD/GSK on 18-Apr-2005 09:37 AM
-----

"Sue Babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
16-Apr-2005 23:02
Please respond to "Sue Babbs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

"lace" <lace@arachne.com>
cc

Subject
[lace] bruges

> how about the Kantcentrum which is on Peperstraat
>
> http://www.kantcentrum.com/Engels/algemeen/inleiding/inlfsete.htm
>
> and just across the lane from the back of the Kantcentrum is a lovely
shop
> with thread, bobbins, lots of lace and 'stuff'. A great browsing shop
and
> I can't remember the name, sorry.

The Kantcentrum used to sell patterns, but don't know if it still does
Sue